Position Summary: The Project Engineer / Project Manager at JR Real Estate Group plays a pivotal role in overseeing the planning, execution, and successful completion of real estate development projects. This position requires a multifaceted professional who can manage the technical aspects of planning and engineering while simultaneously taking on project management responsibilities.
• Project Planning: Develop comprehensive project plans, including timelines, budgets, and resource allocation, to ensure successful project execution.
• Technical Expertise: Provide engineering expertise in various aspects of development, including planning, civil engineering, and SWM, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
• Contract Management: Negotiate and manage contracts with subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants, ensuring adherence to project specifications and budgets.
• Team Leadership: Supervise and lead project teams, including architects, engineers, contractors, and support staff, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
• Budget Control: Monitor project budgets, identify cost-saving opportunities, and implement financial controls to ensure projects are completed within budget.
• Risk Management: Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize project disruptions and financial impacts.
• Permitting and Compliance: Ensure that all necessary permits and approvals are obtained, and that projects comply with local building codes and regulations.
• Reporting: Generate regular progress reports for senior management, stakeholders, and clients, keeping them informed of project status, milestones, and potential issues.
- Full Time
The Urban Planner will develop community master plans for the best use of available land space in projects JR undertakes.
- Bachelors degree in Urban Planning, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Political Science, or related field required; Masters degree highly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in planning and development.
- Certification by American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and the ability to create consensus.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively present ideas.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to properly analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and CAD.
- Create technical and aesthetic designs intended to make the best use of project land.
- Creates, compiles, organizes, or otherwise prepares materials for community relations meetings.
- Presents and defends plans to county staff, planning commissions, board of supervisors to secure approval and entitlements to implement plans.
- Consults with county officials, civic leaders, and public officials on land use projects and entitlements.
- Analyzes data concerning current land uses and long-term plans related to land; analysis will encompass identifying needs as they pertain to schools, health care facilities, and open-space planning.
- Analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of redevelopment plans and identify which parts of those plans could be modified to improve overall project.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Full Time
Land Acquisition Specialist
The Land Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for (a) identifying property locations that meet the company’s requirements and strategic growth plan and (b) negotiating the purchase terms for the acquisition of the same. The employee will work closely with Land Acquisition Manager and Company executives in organizing the management of ongoing projects including tracking entitlement progress and spending. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to join an ambitious real estate development firm.
- Ability to use project management software and integrate with quickbooks and invoice management.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years’ experience in the property acquisition field
- Knowledge and experience of land use, zoning process, and use permit applications a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong negotiation and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects efficiently
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Identify and research potential on and off-market real estate and negotiate acquisition terms.
- Generate acquisition opportunities in the assigned markets by developing trusted relationships with industry contacts, including brokers, developers, and owners.
- Research and determine whether the intended use is allowed or attainable under local law.
- Collaborate with the in-house development team to determine site feasibility.
- Work closely with contracted engineers to develop potential layouts
- Draft letters of intent and provide all necessary deal points to generate acquisition documents.
- Participate in due diligence, zoning, and land planning process. Potential to attend zoning authority or planning meetings, and coordinate with consultants and principals regarding same.
- Assist Company executives in project management and organizing billables and payments for completed work on projects.
- Other duties deemed necessary by management.
- Full Time
Intern (Land Acquisition)
If you are detail-oriented, motivated and curious, and your passion in Land Acquisition, then apply with few paragraphs (max 500 words, PDF Format) to tell us more about yourself and why you are interested in joining our internship program.
Intern (Real Estate)
If you are detail-oriented, motivated and curious, and your passion is in Real Estate, then apply with few paragraphs (max 500 words, PDF Format) to tell us more about yourself and why you are interested in joining our internship program.